fot

VIR

To: fot@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: VIR
From: GRMTim@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 16:13:35 EDT
Had a great weekend at VIR. Can't catch George Wright, but was the second
fastest Triumph in group 3 and got to drive some neat Group 44 cars during the
practice day on Thursday for a story. Nice to finally be able to run with at
least some of those darn 356s!

JK lubed the rest of field Sunday afternoon when an oil line broke on the
second lap. He sends his apologies, but thinks he got the car shut down before
any damage was done. Glad nobody got hurt. Great to see Ken Gillander, Bill
Warner and Lanky Foushee (who helped us with our Group 44 test).

Also had a couple of good meetings with HSR people about the Mitty. We have
our seperate paddock area (the Pro pits). We have some really cool ideas that
we will make public shortly, as we work out details. The HSR people really have
the right attitude about this event. In my opinion, the VIR event was
perfectly organized too with nary a hiccup. if the Mitty goes as well, people
will be
real happy.

Hope to have the car back together to make Mike Jackson's event at Savannah
or maybe even the HSR four hour enduro at Sebring late Nov.

Tim Suddard
Publisher, Grassroots Motorsports/Classic Motorsports
www. GrassrootsMotorsports.com www.ClassicMotorsports.net
Phone (386) 673-4148 Fax (386) 673-6040