fot

Re: EP RX7s

To: gtlund@cyberspeedway.net, fot@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: EP RX7s
From: Group44TR7@aol.com
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 08:47:29 EDT
My first SCCA racecar was a ITS RX7. If you decide that you want an entry
level SCCA car, a RX7 spec car will cost about $5,000 to get on the track. The
most attractive part is that an engine will typically last multiple seasons and
overall, the car is low maintenance. Its a great car for someone who wants to
have a trouble free, non-DNF weekend with minimal hassles.

I have been tempted to turn my ITS RX7 into a EP car, so I find your comments
interesting.
It is true that rotary engines have considerable potential. But I also think
that the guys writing the specifications have dome a good job of controling
that potential so they do not blow away the other competitors.

Most of the guys who I previously raced with in ITS have changed over to
production classes because SCCA introduced some new cars which were
signifciantly
faster into IT. (Read front wheel drive Hondas lowered the track record by
over 2 seconds per lap in their first race). And i am pretty sure that many of
the ITS RX7 guyes would have stayed in ITS if the SCCA had not made them less
competitive.

In a message dated 10/24/2004 9:50:20 PM Pacific Standard Time,