fot

Re: Loosing a wheel

To: Susan <spitfiresuz@141.com>, triumph_marx@freenet.de
Subject: Re: Loosing a wheel
From: Russ Moore <rem9@sunlink.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 08:31:19 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
I have helped set up a number of Summers Bros axle upgrades. there are about 8
of us now using them with no failures  to report. I can supply contact
information and even the "job number" so you can have a set made up. There are
some bearings and seals you'll need to source and I have numbers for them as
well as some machine work on the rear trunions to bore them out. You should be
able to find someone locally that can do it or I can run them through my shop.
It's a real slick setup and uses cheap corvair yokes and corvette u-joints. I
use aircraft alloy hardware but likely grade 8 would be just fine.

Not installing will allow you the opportunity of scratching your rollbar. Been
there done that! Once is enough!

Russ Moore
Spitfire #49