fot

RE: Losing a wheel

To: fot@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Losing a wheel
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl@gt-classics.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 22:24:11 -0500
Hi all,

John H. reminded me of another "losing a wheel" story that some of
you might appreciate.  Bill Rosenbach might even remember this one.
This was at another RMVR race.  One of the members had just finished
building an NOS Devin-Triumph, and had done a gorgeous job of it in
red paint.  Anyway, he went out on track and came to the first big turn,
hit the brakes and both wheels on one side (I forget now which side it
was, but I think that it was the right side) came off.  It seems that they
had mounted the knock-off hubs on the wrong side, and when he hit
the brakes, the knock-offs unscrewed.  Luckily they found all the parts,
and there was only minimal damage.

R. John Lye

rjl6n@cstone.net