fot

fawkes

To: fot@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: fawkes
From: Guyots3@wmconnect.com
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 12:08:05 EST
In a message dated 11/6/04 1:56:46 PM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-fot-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> My comment from last night is a prime example of why you should never email
> anyone after a couple of Guinness and a bit of Irish Whisky.

nb. Guy Fawkes was Irish, or of Irish descent, (no offence intended to our
modern day Irish friends!)
I still kind of like the irony of how the British commemerate him each year,
(actually his capture), but hey it's only a 500 year old commemoration.

Leon

(who used  to make effigies of Guy Fawkes as a kid in London, and collect
money in the street, part of the tradition that seems to have faded in more
recent years, sadly).