fot

Re: spitfire brakes

To: fot@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: spitfire brakes
From: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mjb@Autox.Team.Net>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 11:03:59 -0700
On one of my racing Spits I put on GT6 front brakes, and left the rears
the stock Spit setup.  It felt fine for the time I drove that car before
I sheared the flywheel.  Good balance, decent pedal effort, could outbrake
a lot of the faster, heavier cars.

One advantage of the swap is that the, uh, Girling 16P, I think, caliper has
more options for off the shelf brake pads.  Rather than having the order taker
say "Triumph, who makes that?" you can order pads for a Datsun 240Z.  Or a 620
pickup, for that matter!

If this is a race car, I'll suggest this is also a good time to replace the
lines,
hard and soft, and go to -3 AN flares wherever possible in the system.  Makes it
easier for maintainence and repairs down the line.

mjb.