fot

RE: Portable Air Tank life?

To: "'Bill Sohl'" <billsohl@mindspring.com>, FOT <fot@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Portable Air Tank life?
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 11:24:30 -0800
CYA, pure and simple. Product liability is a bitch. What's really
interesting these days is all the stuff that comes from China that has
little or no liability warnings. The importer/distributors either add their
own, or consider their companies "disposable".

Sears isn't in that category. I must admit though, that every so often when
I walk by my huge air compressor with it's tank pressure at 175 psi, I give
it a nervous glance. My overactive imagination has no problem conjuring what
that would be like converted to kinetic energy and shrapnel.

By the way--has anyone else noticed how many people have fallen silent in
the FOT. I hope it's just better things to do than sit at a computer.
Haven't heard from Susan and Brad for a while, Mr. Damdinger has been a bit
silent.

One more BTW--I'm pretty far along with the beautification of Peyote--it had
gotten pretty shabby looking. If anyone would like to see a picture, drop me
a line. I've learned a bit more than I really wanted to know about setting
solid rivets and polishing aluminum.