fot

RE: Porting Heads

To: "'christian jensen'" <cj123@ofir.dk>, fot@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Porting Heads
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 03:28:28 -0800
Yup. I built one many years ago using water manometers to measure flow. It's
not hard but you run into some fairly consistent problems with low CFM flow
benches--most difficult to solve is the flow variations. You're loading the
air pump at it's limit so it's flow tends to wander a lot. Hard to get
repeatable results. I kept upping my pumps--I had five or six modified
vacuum cleaners drawing on a single plenum with an automatic "waste gate"
(just a big flapper valve with an adjustable weight to shut it) to try to
get a steady flow. Hard to hear the radio with all that going on.