fot

TR6 flywheel question

To: FOT <fot@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6 flywheel question
From: EDWARD BARNARD <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 20:25:17 -0800 (PST)
I have a couple of questions aimed at those who know more than I about TR6
flywheels. I know there is an early, '69, flywheel, and a later, '70-'76
flywheel. I also understand that the early uses the smaller pilot bush that
goes into the crankshaft, while the later one has the bigger bush sandwiched
between the crank and the flywheel. My questions are this...is there a
difference in the offset of the flywheels that would make one fit and the other
foul the engine backplate? Are the cranks different? Is the hole that the small
bush goes into on the early crank carried over to the late crank, even though
the bush doesn't go into it? I have flywheels that I don't know what they are,
and I need to get my s@*t straight. Thanks for any help I can  get from the
list - Ed