fot

RE: Parts Washers & Cleaning Solutions AND irritating the

To: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Parts Washers & Cleaning Solutions AND irritating the
From: emanteno@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 22:29:41 +0000
> Cascade didn't seem to do much for me ... and now that I'm a widower, the
>dishwasher is fair game. Might even move it to the garage & buy a new one for
>the kitchen, if it really will clean parts.

Cleaning is comprised of 4 elements:
time, temperature, chemical, mechanical action
If you don't have a parts washer, and/or want to clean with a water based
solution, hot water and an alkaline detergent, with a nice long cycle in a
dishwasher with a lot of mechanical action (potscrubber mode), will give you
the best results. Typically, laundry detergents are more alkaline than dish
detergents, although stuff like Tide, etc, is not very alkaline.
YMMV (your marriage may vary)
Irv