fot

Advice on Repaints & Thank You

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Advice on Repaints & Thank You
From: Group44TR7@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 09:02:42 EST
    Given the last repaint/respray that I had done is "peeling", I would like
some advice on what to do when one needs to refurbish old paint. It would be
helpful to know whats the best approach for a car that going to go NASCAR
racing (fender to fender) in SCCA verses the gentle world of vintage. Does one
really need to go back down to the primer to avoid this peeling/easy chipping?
And likewise, what needs to happen to get a very high quality finish like Uncle
Jacks?

    Thanks to all that responded to my question about parts cleaners and
solutions. I found the dialog about "Borrowed items" to be very humorous. Hope
no
one minds if I use the comments on "borrow items" withour giving appropriate
individual credits. I have personally never tried these innovations because my
wife is simply not that understanding about special uses of the home
appliances.

Cary