fot

RE: Quick Ration Steering Racks

To: "EDWARD BARNARD" <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net>,
Subject: RE: Quick Ration Steering Racks
From: <walt@hot-tr6.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 21:53:35 -0700
I put one into my hot TR6 about 1.5 years ago. I bought it from Scott Harper
at Team Triumph. I like it very much. I mounted the quick ratio rack in
aluminum blocks and the suspension has all poly bushings, stiff springs and
Spax shocks.  It is my understand that this setup has  Spitfire steering
rack guts in a TR6 housing. It took about 1 full turn off of lock to lock.
Steering is very direct and quick. The steering effort when parking is
higher but I don't mind. When I would autocross or even road race it seemed
like I had to do an awful lot of cranking and cranking with the stock
steering. This quicker ratio rack is much better.
Walt Hollowell
Abq.NM