fot

Re: Possibility of rebirth of Triumph?

To: GRMTim@aol.com, fot@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Possibility of rebirth of Triumph?
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 16:54:23 EST
Tim,

A number of us had a FoT Breakfast Meeting this morning, in Madison, WI.

The development of a TR3A inspired Triumph was on our agenda.

We concluded that this was an absolutely brilliant idea.

I think there is a market...it needs to be targeted at the unwashed masses,
instead of the privileged few. I want to buy one now, and I want to see them on
College Campuses with my grandchildren driving them.

Ya, just like the Mini...Price point targeted at 20K...I dont know much about
Z-4s, but if it would make a low cost platform for a retro TR3...I have a
vision of a  cut a way door with roll up windows and a top that fits.

How can I participate in this? I dont want to buy a Miata, but I might have
to...

Once there is a "Champion" in place there is nothing that cant happen. Sounds
like you know who the Champion is at BMW.  I want to meet this Tom Purvis.
Can you bring him to Walter Mitty with you?  I want to place an order.

Joe Alexander