fot

RE: Distributor Rebuild

To: "Bill Babcock" <BillB@bnj.com>,
Subject: RE: Distributor Rebuild
From: <walt@hot-tr6.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 09:33:16 -0700
After messing around with various Lucas distributors etc. I went back to a
trusty Mallory dual point mechanical advance unit for my hot TR6 engine that
has triple Webers, 10.5:1 compression, hot cam,headers, ported heads
etc,etc,etc,. People tried to talk me into MSD, Pertronix etc. but the
Mallory is easy to dial in, no flat spots or splatter. I had the advance
recurved to go to full advance faster because of my camshaft profile and
this really helped. I had to get my original tach converted from mechanical
to electrical but that was no big deal either.
You do need to keep a spare condensor in the glove box because when yours
starts to fail you don't have much time until you get backfires etc.
Walt Hollowell
Abq., NM