fot

RE: Spam

To: "'kas kastner'" <kaskas@cox.net>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Spam
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 09:02:47 -0800
Most spam filters don't bounce, except for challenge/response which directs
you to a response site before delivering your email. Doesn't sound like
that's what happened. You've probably either got the extension garbled or
the service was down. A lot of time we see European or Asia-pacific
extensions that have been truncated somehow. The extensions (like .COM )
often have two dots (.co.au) and some systems don't seem to handle that
well.

I know entirely too much about this--my company manages hundreds of
thousands of emails per week. Not spam--transactional stuff for our clients.