fot

Weird Indian Law

To: <wheeltowheel@wheeltowheel.com>, f500@f500.org, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Weird Indian Law
From: Dave Riddle <dave@microworks.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 19:37:29 -0700
This is very odd.  I wonder what the root cause was that resulted in the
Indian Government making this law?

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=32117

KARTHIKEYAN MUST CHANGE COLOURS

Narain Karthikeyan must change his helmet design  by order of the Indian
government!

The Jordan drivers helmet is decked out in the colours of the Indian
national flag  but a new law forbids sportsmen from using the countrys
tricolour anywhere on their kit.

Karthikeyan has reacted to the news with a mixture of confusion and
disappointment.

He told reporters: If that is what the government wants, it is their loss.

We as sportsmen are only doing the country proud by performing well.

"I have the tricolour on my helmet, but I can probably sell that space to
sponsors and make a lot of money.

I love India and I am proud to be an Indian and that's what I want to
portray. But if I can't carry the tricolour on my helmet, it is the
government's loss."