fot

TR Gearbox Bearings

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR Gearbox Bearings
From: "Peter Vucinic" <pvucinic@netspace.net.au>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 21:21:48 +1100
Dear Listers,
I am trying to find out the avaialability of RHP bearings, specifically for
TR gearboxes in countries, other than Australia.
It is appaarent that RHP, as a result of rationalisation and lack of product
demand, will no longer be bringing in this bearing into Australia.

I have found that the 'replacement' bearings are less than desireble to say
the least. They are of a 'poorer' quality in general. The replacement
bearings originally start life without the snap ring groove (STD Deep Groove
Ball Bearings). The sanp ring groove is then machined into the OD locally. I
have now tried 3 suppliers for this bearing and have found up to 20 thou
difference in the position of the groove as well as the groove being up to
almost double the width of the snap ring! Not a great start to a gearbox
rebuild.

I have found the RHP bearing to be the best in quality and fit accuracy
hands down and was wondering where else in the world I can source these
bearings? If anyone has a contacts, that would be appreciated. The bearing,
is of course an  RHP - MJ1.1/4 NRL

 Thanks in advance.
Peter Vucinic
TR4