fot

Oversteer

To: chuck.arnold@oracle.com (Chuck Arnold), fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Oversteer
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 22:49:27 EST
<< I have an Adco front sway bar on my TR6 and a custom, adjustable bar on
 the back.  The car is quite loose [oversteers].  To 'tighten it", do I make
 the arms of the rear bar longer or shorter? >>

My guess is that you do whatever it takes to soften the rear end, or make it
less stiff.  Back in the 70s, I was proud of the heavy rear sway bar I put on
the TR-3.  When I took the car out on the track, I discovered that I could
probably drive my tow vehicle around the track faster -- 1956 Ford Wagon full
of
tools, spare parts, and welding tanks.  I came in and took the bar off, and
was at least back to where I started.

Of course the TR-3 is a beam axle suspension, and yours is IRS.  The IRS
experts can therefore offer some advice.  If I remember correctly, Jack Wheeler
had a sizable front sway bar and a very light rear sway bar for his IRS TR-4.
probably have the sizes written down somewhere