fot

Re: Driver's School

To: "Ken Gano, home" <triumphs@consolidated.net>,
Subject: Re: Driver's School
From: "Gary & Gretchen" <garygret@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 23:24:12 -0600
Ken,
If you have a car and your interest is wheel-to-wheel racing or on-track
autocrossing, you can't go wrong with the Midwestern Council schools at
Blackhawk Farms Raceway. They're only $155 + MC membership and you're so
whipped by the end of the day you can hardly get out of your car.
Ride-a-long experienced instructors, lots of track time, pointers from the
instructors who watch you on the track. You get an MC Novice license upon
successful completion, which I believe is accepted by most Midwest
organizations. I go to the schools most every year just for the track time.
You're just beyond the deadline for the April one but there are two more
June 11 and Sept. 17. The MC web site www.mcscc.org is in the middle of
moving so it's a little out of date, but the school info "Entry Form
2005.PDF" can also be found at
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/MC-Members/files/  where you'll need a
(free) Yahoo account to get it. Any trouble and I can email it to you.

We're far from the only game in town. VSCDA also has a school June 17 before
their Father's Day weekend at BFR. SCCA has schools in the Midwest but I am
told they tend to take themselves a little more seriously. If you have way
too much money, you can take a Skip Barber school at Road America.

Regards,
Gary Schneider, MC member
37 EP TR4