fot

All British Challenge Race

To: "'Mark J. Bradakis'" <mjb@autox.team.net>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: All British Challenge Race
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 20:48:27 -0700
Had a meeting this afternoon into the evening with the parties involved and
here's what we decided to do as a special feature for the Columbia Classic
race on Labor Day weekend here in Portland: Have an all British challenge
race. Any closed wheel British or British-powered car can run. It will be a
handicap format based on established or projected lap times (trust
me--established will be a more favorable handicap than projected). There
will be a wondrous trophy for the winner of course.

The three day event is in conjunction with the all British field meet. We're
going to make a serious effort to promote this event, and get spectators and
participants to come in period dress and participate more. We'll have prizes
for best individual and best group interpretation of "period" dress, as well
as best pit, best presentation of pit, crew, car and driver, The party
Sunday night will be rockin'. All proceeds from the race will go to
charity--probably a local children's hospital, though I'm still working on
that.

It's going to be a good event.

Mark, I'm working on a release, what's the best way to get that to all the
other race and lbc folks on team.net?