fot

RE: Lifters

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Lifters
From: "MDunst / Gasket Works USA" <gasket.works@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 07:37:52 -0700
There are a few of us (R. Young, C. Gee and myself) on this list that have
been working on this lifter project for some time. Our resident mettalurgist
has specified the material needed and surprisingly the machine shop
independantly specified the same as well.  I can say that our lifter project
is nearly completed.  They are being manufactured in the USA as we speak.
These lifters are being made from billet tool steel and will have a Rockwell
of C60 and include a measured face radius. Other lifters are not RELIABLY
this hard -typically about c55-57 or so.  Arguably, this level of less than
reliable hardness has been an issue for our cars.

Mordy Dunst
Gasket Works USA, LLC
www.headgasket.com
+626.358.1616 voice