fot

RE: stronger main cap bolts

To: "'rob'" <19to1tr6@comcast.net>, FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: stronger main cap bolts
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 18:17:28 -0700
There's always an argument for studs vs. bolts--a good one. You can be sure
studs are fully engaged in all the available threads, and friction is more
controlled for torquing. I've read dozens of reasons why you should use
studs, the only reason for not using them is dinging the crank during
installation and speed. Personally, I prefer studs for any critical clamping
application.