fot

Re: Mosport Vintage Festival

To: Henry Frye <henry@henryfrye.com>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mosport Vintage Festival
From: Russ Moore <rem9@sunlink.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 14:19:52 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
I second Henry's comments and can honestly say Mosport is the most enjoyable
event I run all season. There is more seat time than you can imagine and the
group is a great bunch of folks, there because they love their cars and
motorsport. Unlike other localles, it's more common to see racers arrive with
their families, a tent and an open trailer with the same old British lump
they've raced for the past 30 years. The track staff are also wonderful which
is a change from some of the attitudes and behaviors we experience on our own
side of the border at times. Achtung Ohio!
Theres a huge turnout for the weekend and a well attended vintage car show for
those interested. There is free camping and many campfires to be found in the
evening, each with a welcome and often a pint to be had. For those of you that
have never been there, go once and you'll be hooked. This is what true vintage
racing is about and VARAC's event is a model of what club racing can and should
be.

Russ Moore
Spitfire #49