fot

RE: gearbox roller bearing conversions

To: "'Terry and Cindy '" <roadandtrack@hypermax.net.au>,
Subject: RE: gearbox roller bearing conversions
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 18:17:29 -0700
 Very interested, Terry. the question is how does the cost compare to a
quaife dog box? I'm running one of those now, and it solves a lot of
problems since there is practically no side thrust and all the gears run on
pin bearings. But it costs a small fortune. It's easy to assemble
though--you just stick it in.

seems like twenty hours of machining time plus careful assembly and probably
a fair number of replaced parts equals big bucks.