fot

Re: Hallet in Spring of 2006

To: <N197TR4@cs.com>, <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>, <TRDOCTOR@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Hallet in Spring of 2006
From: "kas kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 14:37:07 -0700
The cup idea was to be a EAST & WEST, and I agree that Hallet is a great
place
 (not from experience but hearsay, comments and observation of the layout on
paper) but, it really is the center of the country not the WEST as I think of
it.

>From just a quick look at the map, its appears that L.A. is about 1500 miles,
Boston 1500 miles, Atlanta 800, Portland Ore 2000, Huston 500, and this sure
doesn't look like the West as far as geographical location is concerned. BUT,
if the track gives a lot of track time consideration and TLC to the Triumph
group the mileage is maybe worth it. Maybe a third major area, THE CENTER,
needs to be considered.Opinions?????. Keeping it interesting in venue,
consideration of the group by the organizers and opportunity for folks to
participate, that's my thought. If it's only close for a handful of drivers,
then, that is not the place.

 Frankly, I'd be very disappointed if the guys from the WEST coast did not
have the opportunity or desire to participate in that venue.  Polling the
active players might be reasonable thing to do. It is also pretty early to
make a final decision on this although I realize that lots of arrangements &
negotiations must be attended to at the desired location. If you  remember it
was to be Hallet this year, but changed to Atlanta because of sponsorship
considerations, and I believe it worked out well. Keep thinking and talking.