fot

Mid Ohio

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mid Ohio
From: "Jeff Snook" <jsnook@wcnet.org>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 17:17:32 -0400
Based upon the recent fervor about Mid Ohio on our list, I have been asked by
SVRA Competition Director, Carl Jensen, to do a meeting with Michelle Truman
at the track during the June Vintage Race.  The purpose would be for her to
address past problems and inform me of actions taken to correct them.

I would like to be prepared with a list of specific issues that have turned
people off from going there.  I all ready have a couple:

1.  Not being allowed to take a pickup with empty fuel jugs into the paddock
area to get fuel at their pumps.  You can do this, but you have to drive out
to the track entrance and surrender your driver's license until you come back
within 15 minutes.

2.  Having the walk gate locked where you would normally walk from the grassy
paddock area into the main paddock area by the fuel pumps.

3.  Paying a large amount (I heard $200) to spend the weekend in your trailer
in the paddock without any services provided.

Please, no rants and rambles!  Just specific Mid Ohio track issues that have
pissed you off over the years and are keeping you away.

Thanks,

Jeff Snook
http://www.snooksdreamcars.com