fot

Re: Brake Master Cylinder Needed -- Spitfire and GT6

To: sbarr@mccarty-law.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake Master Cylinder Needed -- Spitfire and GT6
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 20:47:42 EDT
In a message dated 5/27/2005 7:45:43 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
sbarr@mccarty-law.com writes:

So, does  anyone have a good used master cylinder for Spitfire or GT6 they'd
like to  part with (Spit Mk 3 through early 1500, 1967-75) (all GT6 years)  ?

Last spring, in a fit of desperation to get the Spitfire to the race  track,
I stole the brake master cylinder off of my daily driver/autox  GT6.  I was
thinking, of course, that I'd rebuild the Spitfire's MC and  install it on the
GT6, as it's the same part.

========
Actually, as I recall, it's NOT the same. If memory serves, the GT6 dual
master is more like a 70/30, while the Spitfire's is 50/50. Makes sense when
you
consider the heavier nose of a GT6. I've also heard of spotty availability of
 rebuild kits for the GT6 cylinder.

Good luck!

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and Triumph Herald
Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)