fot

Lucas and Mallory distributors [was Lucas ragging or sumthin']

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Lucas and Mallory distributors [was Lucas ragging or sumthin']
From: "SHANE Ingate" <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 13:42:10 -0400
I wrote:

>Today, my choice for the TR6 would be to run a recurved full centrifugal
>advance Lucas.

Cambridge Motorsports sells a fine toleranced 45D which has been used to
good effect by the British racers (remember Mid-Ohio 2002?).

Kas and Group 44 also seemed to do well with the Lucas, unless of course Kas
cares to share with us the 'untold' story.

Prior to using the Mallory, I ran a Pertonix system.  After I installed the
Pertonix, my stock TR6 would freely rev waaaay past 6,000 rpm wheras before,
it had trouble getting to 5,200 rpm.  I attribute this mostly to wear in the
dizzy bushings which the Pertonix demonstrates amazing tolerance.

I believe the reason for Pertonix failing is heat.  Not much air flow under
the dizzy cap, and most consumer electronics do not tolerate well that kind
of thermal abuse.

[Bill, catapult as many 45Ds my way as you like; the market for toleranced
Lucas dizzies is large and I could do with the extra cash]

Shane Ingate, catapult target at 38.9636 N, 077.1050 W