fot

Re: Somebody want to recommend a good brake line flaring tool?

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Somebody want to recommend a good brake line flaring tool?
From: "Scott Janzen" <s.janzen@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 18:19:48 -0400
Thanks.  After doing a bit of research, I've learned a few things.  First of
all, the standard inverted flare and bubble flare don't re-seal well if the
parts are disassembled and re-assembled.  That is certainly one of the
problems I've encountered.

There's a nice evaluation of brake line fittings, pros and cons and some
possible tools if you use the AN single flare.  Aircraft Spruce has some
really cool looking tools at moderate prices.  There's also more than a few
$400 tools out there, which I won't be buying!  Here's the link for the
write-up.
www.dimebank.com/BrakePlumbing.html