fot

Re: 225hp

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 225hp
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 19:45:57 -0500
I have a hard time believing these arguments about dwell time at TDC
.... means better blah, blah.....  The arguments are always stated like
the effect is really dramatic.  I've done a spreadsheet that calculates
piston position versus crankshaft angle.  You can play with the numbers,
but I can't get more than one degree difference between the curves.  I'd
guess the effect would be similar to changing the cam lobe separation by
about 1 cam degree.  How much effect would you see on the dyno? The
spreadsheet is at:

http://home.swbell.net/cartrip/pistonposition.xls

Larry