fot

Re: Fwd: Re: Setting valves, was: Follow-up question

To: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Setting valves, was: Follow-up question
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 07:10:50 -0500
That's crazy, the rule of 9's always works, because you're always
working with the two cam lobes that are 180 cam degrees apart.  The
firing order is 1-3-4-2.  1-intake (valve 2) is opposite 4-intake (valve
7).  1-exhaust (valve 1) is opposite 4-exhaust (valve 8). 2-intake (3) &
3-intake (6). etc. etc.  It works with the other 4 cylinder firing order
too (1-2-4-3) as long as the ports are layed out ex-in-in-ex-ex-in-in-ex.

Are you saying the valve lash is greater when you move 90 degrees? You
must be looking at base circle runout (poorly ground cam).
Larry Young