fot

Re: TR-6 Rear Disc Brakes

To: BillDentin@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR-6 Rear Disc Brakes
From: JReed@wilson.com
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 07:04:23 -0700
Allen, I'm not sure the Toyota caliper conversions are legal either.

John Reed
Wilson Sporting Goods Co.
Staff Photographer
773-490-8908

Effective immediately, please note my new email address has changed to
jreed@wilson.com

BillDentin@aol.com
Sent by: owner-fot@autox.team.net
06/22/05 06:45 AM
Please respond to
BillDentin@aol.com

awashatko@wi.rr.com, fot@autox.team.net
cc

Subject
Re: TR-6 Rear Disc Brakes

In a message dated 06/22/2005 7:20:39 AM Central Daylight Time,
awashatko@wi.rr.com writes:

> Subj:TR-6 Rear Disc Brakes
> Date:06/22/2005 7:20:39 AM Central Daylight Time
> From:awashatko@wi.rr.com
> To:fot@autox.team.net
> Sent from the Internet
>

> Would rear disc brakes be legal for a TR-6 in vintage racing (VSCDA)?

Hi Allen:

I'm no TR6 expert, but I say absolutely not.  In vintage racing, your car
is
'supposed' to be prepared true to the period it raced in.  VSCDA rules not

withstanding, taking that to the limit (and the fact that they still race
TR6s in
'real racing') you sure can't do anything Midwestern Council and/or SCCA
wouldn't allow.

Have you visited the VSCDA Website?  I think the rules are posted there.
If
you still have questions, Bill Dalton is the Chief of Tech
(bill@daltonstudios.com) for VSCDA, and Jack Woehrle (jwoesvra@aol.com)
for SVRA.

Bill Dentinger

it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact
the sender and delete the material from any computer.