fot

Re: TR-6 Rear Sway-Bar

To: jprettyleaf@yahoo.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR-6 Rear Sway-Bar
From: LOddTR@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 17:05:22 EDT
Jim,

I read your post with interest as I have experienced similar issues with
turn-in or understeer. Taking into account that I am not a chassis engineer -
just a novice really - but I have tried a number of bar combinations. (Now you
must remember that my racer is a TR250 with the six so weight and its
distribution are just two diefferences in our cars.

My current setup is a 1 1/16 front bar - Thanks George! - and no rear bar.
With Hoosiers the turn-in is very good with manageable transition to
understeer at the limit. I run very stiff rear springs and the fronts are as
Kas
recommends in the comp. manual.

I have never found the car to be stable on the track with a rear sway bar.  I
have tried one with three different front bars and have varied the
engagement on the rear bar as well. I could never keep the tail in line.
Depending on
the set up, it would just feel squirrely up to completely  undriveable. I am
believer in the lone front bar and will next try a 1 1/8  diameter.

My two cents

Leo Oddi (Oddi-wan to Don M)
#68 SVRA and VDCA