fot

Re: Locked rear axle

To: tony@tonydrews.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Locked rear axle
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 11:39:20 EDT
tony@tonydrews.com writes:

<< Are there many solid axle triumph TR's racing over there?  Maybe the tires
 you're using there aren't as hard on the axles as some of the ones used
 here.  I know of probably half a dozen TR-3's and 4's that have broken the
 axle and flipped in the US.

I have raced for decades using a locked up TR-4 axle in a TR-3, and never
broke an axle.  Maybe I am not going fast enough.  When I first started, I was
using a 4:55 gear ratio with a pose-traction.  I was then encouraged to lock up
the rear end by some very fast TR-3/4 drivers at the time.  They said that it
was like a big roller pushing you through the bends.  The pose-traction unit
has little clutches, which will throw you.