fot

RE: Another Won't Start Saga

To: "tom strange" <tstrange@sbcglobal.net>, "fot" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Another Won't Start Saga
From: "barry rosenberg" <britcars@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 10:45:40 -0400
    I have never done anything like that either, but I once rented a shop
and the previous tenant told me of his ex-mechanic who was eating a bologna
sandwich while finishing the building an engine. Someone came in and he went
to look at their car. Before going out, he sat his sandwich down on the
cleanest spot around. The oil pump pickup screen, it was just sticking up
from the bottom of the engine. When he returned, with out thinking he
grabbed the oil pan and plopped it on the engine. Sandwiching his sandwich
between the screen and pan. When they installed the engine, it would not get
pressure so they put the plugs in it and fired it up. The bearings lasted a
very short time before overheating. No matter how high they revved it, it
never got pressure. That is what makes an ex-mechanic.   Barry