fot

hand-shaking

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: hand-shaking
From: Guyots3@wmconnect.com
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 09:57:17 EDT
In a message dated 8/20/2005 11:47:23 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-fot-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> >I'm sure having shook Sterling Moss' hand will make me a hell of a lot
> >faster tomorrow. Well, that and I think I fixed the miss I was having.

I'm not so sure it works, but if I think about the list of people who's hand
I've shaken,
I come up with an interesting list, including Princess Diana, (twice), Prince
Charles, (twice), Sir Douglas Bader, (WWII Ace), Lord (Norman) Montague, Mr.
Noble, (World Land Speed Record breaker, who's first name I forget), Stirling
Moss, (a couple of times), Nick Mason, (Pink Fylod (sp?) Drummer) and John
Cooper (the Mini Guy), Harry Webster (Triumph fellow), The Earl of March
(founder
of the Goodwood Revival Meeting), Oh yeah and Nelson Mandela - at Jo'burg
Airport in South Africa.

At the Goodwood Revival Meeting, or the Festival of Speed? (I forget which),
I held Fangios Steering Wheel, if that had any affect, I'm not sure.

I guess that adds up to a bunch of speedy drivers/pilots, famous individuals
and freedom loving folk.

I wonder if it counts that George Bush (the original one) waved at me one
time from his limo when I was driving a Triumph (Herald 1200 Saloon) on the M4
motorway near London's Heathrow airport years ago - I think that was a wave? It
could have been something else?
I was the only other car on that stretch of road, as it was about 6am and I
was on the way to the propshaft repair shop near to the airport.

Best Regards

International Man of Mystery

Leon