fot

Re: Block oil gallery plugs

To: brad.kahler@141.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Block oil gallery plugs
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 22:24:22 EDT
In a message dated 8/21/05 6:44:22 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
brad.kahler@141.com writes:

<< Has anyone had any experience removing these plugs, tapping the bores and
using brass
 plugs as replacements?  If so, any tips or tricks you'd care to share? >>

You can get the block boiled out, and the plugs will then be gone.  You can
buy replacement plugs from the Roadster Factory.  The first plugs that I used
were several strung together.  You thread in the first plug and then hack saw
off the rest of the plugs.  The last plugs that I used were individual plugs
that had the proper end, which allowed you to screw it in with a wrench.

I have also drilled plugs out of a block.  If an easy out does not work, just
keep drilling out the aluminum until you can pry or pull the rest of the
aluminum out of the threads.

I have no experience with brass plugs.  Cast iron is very easy to drill and
tap, as long as you get all of the little iron fragments out of the oil galley