fot

Triumphs Triumph at Blackhawk

To: vinttr4@geneseo.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Triumphs Triumph at Blackhawk
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 10:33:03 EDT
The lesser of the Great Unwashed appeared at Blackhawk Farms. Unqualified
success on all fronts, including a weekend for 'Papa Joe' and the Rugrat Review.

Sean Alexander-TR4
Scott Barr-Spitfire
Jerry Barr-GT6
Tom Strange-Spitfire
Dennis DeLap-TR3
Gary & Gretchen (FoT with Mini and disabled ex-Chip Bond TR4)

Weather was absolutley perfect. Social activity was a nice bonfire and
S'mores for the young and elderly. Lights out at 10:30PM

No damage, drama, or disciplinary action from Erik Sandness. All TRs started
and finished. Ho Hum.

Sean had a very intimate run with VSCDA Volvo Ray Friewald. The cars were a
nicely matched Brit & Swede. It appeared than Age and Smoothness would resist,
but traffic opened the door & Sean's foreplay paid off. Exciting pass.

Otherwise, Sean planted his TR Badge perversely in the Volvo rear at every
turn.  Ray came over and gave Sean a hug afterwards. We think he was excited.

Sean did notice that Scott Barr was in his mirrors much of the time and
wondered why he didnt get smaller like expected.  Hmmm! I suppose we are going
have to put up with some pesky Sptifires here in the Midwest. (Tom Chandler is
next)

The Ex-Alexander Training Wheels, the SAAB Sonnet, ran up front with the
really fast guys. We are now proud of this formerly motley SAAB and our
friendship
with it's owner, Mark School.

Lo-Buk Friendly Weekend.  Midwest Council will let us run in two different
classes with the same car and no huge financial penalty. We think we are going
to try that. And the track is user friendly with free camping.

Now I suppose we should hear from the West Coast, from the Peyote and Pooper
People. Should read like the Lifestyles of the Rich & Fast.

"PaPa Joe"