fot

Race fuel prices

To: fot@autox.team.net, <wheeltowheel@wheeltowheel.com>, f500@f500.org
Subject: Race fuel prices
From: Dave Riddle <dave@microworks.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 23:47:36 -0700
And I spent $6.75 a gallon for 110 VP for my son's (he is thirteen) 80cc
shifter last week.  The shop told me the rate was going to $7.50/gallon on
Monday.

Some hi-res "pro" pictures

On his 80cc Shifter this past Saturday.
http://www.microworks.net/dave/images/gallery/Tyler-80ccShifter.jpg

On a loaned 125cc TaG that same day
http://www.microworks.net/dave/images/gallery/Tyler-125ccTaG.jpg

Gotta love the dirt tracking attitude of the 125 picture.  Not the fast way
around the corner but it sure is the fun way.  The rear track was set too
wide that first session and he had gobs of oversteer on corner exit.  Here
he is gathering it up with a handful of opposite lock with the inside front
wheel off the ground.  Note that his left foot is actually pointed back as
he appears to be purposefully keeping away from the brakes and his right
foot is firmly on the gas. Also note the tire smoke on the rear wheel and
how much the tire has moved on the rim!

Like father, like son.

Have I mentioned that he wants me to get him a Spitfire that he can take
apart and rebuild so that it is ready when he turns 16.

It was about 105 degrees out when these pictures were taken at
5:00pm.  Gotta love Phoenix in August.