[Top] [All Lists]

RE: Water Temp Guage

To: "'Gary'" <>,
Subject: RE: Water Temp Guage
From: Bill Babcock <>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 17:08:00 -0700
You'll find a lot of reasonable replacements at any good auto parts store.
Most have a variety of bushing adapters that will work. I went to several
stores and looked at everything close that they had. I wound up with SW, but
that doesn't mean much. Look for similar dial fonts, color, and bezel
treatments. The wrong bezel will slowly drive you nuts, but small variations
in the face won't harm the look unless you're going to show the car. In
which case only OE will do.  

-----Original Message-----
From: [] On Behalf
Of Gary
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 4:58 PM
Subject: Water Temp Guage

Hello.  I want to replace the electrical water temp guage in my TR4 with a
mechanical guage, preferably one with a guage face that reads in degrees
Fahrenheit.  Anyone already undertaken this?  If so, what brand (Stewart
Warner, Auto Meter, etc) and is the connection to the thermostat the same
thread size as the electric guage sending unit?  Thanks.


<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>