fot

Engine Torque Reaction Arm for TR4

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine Torque Reaction Arm for TR4
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 08:17:43 EDT
FoT,

Sean & I reproduced this Torque Reaction Arm, largely for the street guys
that are missing this piece, as it was original for the TR4 and frequently
missing.

I didnt actually know how effective it was, but now I have a better idea. We
took the TRA off of #197 to reverse engineer the part. Sean ran #197 at
Blackhawk Farms.  The KVS-175 Velocity Stacks contacted the inner wheel well
where
it had not before.  It wont make you go faster, but it might limit the rotation
of your engine without hard mounting. Hard mounting engines has it's own set
of consequences, I think.

It will be available through Moss under their original stock number, or you
can contact me directly.

I wonder if a mirror image of this part would have any value to limit the
rotation of the engine in the other direction? Opinions? I will likely modify
an
arm and install it, regardless.

As is, this will not fit the TR3A, but Fred & Randall are going to do a trial
fit to see what is necessary to make it fit.

If you see a benefit here, let me know.