fot

Re: Replacing the front brake rubbers

To: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>,
Subject: Re: Replacing the front brake rubbers
From: "BOB KRAMER" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 21:41:16 -0500
I think that we can generalize and say that most all the parts available
these days off the shelf suck. I'm replacing the clutch in my wife's daily
driver TR6 because the new throwout bearing carrier I purchased and mounted
with a Toyo bearing couldn't take the wear from the hardened steel locating
pins on the new fork.  I put new parts in just so I wouldn't have to revisit
the job. The pins wore notches into the slot on the carrier. I'm a little
more than peeved.
Bob Kramer
rkramer3@austin.rr.com