fot

RE: another strange TR problem

To: "'BFEKen@copper.net'" <bfeken@copper.net>, FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: another strange TR problem
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 11:25:41 -0700
When your oil gets hot enough you just don't get that much mayo in the valve
cover, if any, and you won't see water in the sump unless you leak is gross
and happens while the engine is idling.  It could be any or all of the usual
suspects--water coming up the head bolts, through the aluminum plug in the
head, or through the gasket into the pushrod tunnels--or some other place.
Simply put, it happens--I've been living with a little water in the oil
catch can for a long time. Frankly I don't think it's a big deal as long as
the oil gets hot enough to boil out the water, though it's certainly not a
good thing. A quart is more than a little much though.