fot

Re: Trip to Philly -- No LBC Content

To: rdavis4@cfl.rr.com, spitfiresuz@141.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Trip to Philly -- No LBC Content
From: <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 23:33:57 +0000
>Franklin Institute -

   check.. If you want "the weird" try the Mutter (?) Museum... Mostly
medical oddities and old
  medical equipment... You can see the "Soap Lady"!

>Philadelphia Museum of Art -

   double check (also look into the Rodin museum that's nearby. If you're
"in" to impressionists see if
   you can score tickets to the Barnes Foundation)

>Valley Forge Park (lots of neat Revolutionary War period buildings) about
>30 miles west, out of
  town.

>Liberty Bell, City Hall, Penn Square.....etc. Yup, Carpenter's Hall too,
>the Reading Terminal Market (a little more chi-chi today than it was whe I
>went to art school, 2 blocks away)... and the waterfront museum... at least
>2 tall ships... The Gazella Primiero and the Moshulu (the ship Don Corleone
>arrived in the US on... I think it's a restaurant now).

>Eat at Book Binders in downtown.

   No way Jose! B-B is overated... Go to the City Tavern. Good food and a
menu that hasn't
   changed in over 200 years. A unique experience.

>Got to eat a Philly Cheese Steak or two -

   Jim's Steaks 4th & South streets... While you're there, check out the
Italian Market a couple of blocks away.

   Let me know if you need other info... I grew up there.

   Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois