fot

RE: TR3 and TR4 tires

To: "Tony Drews" <tony@tonydrews.com>
Subject: RE: TR3 and TR4 tires
From: "Barr, Scott" <sbarr@mccarty-law.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 07:54:02 -0500
I used a set of the Toyo Proxes RA1 tires (205/60-13 size for my Spitfire) all
this year.  I believe I've got 6 race weekends on them and they've got life
left in them yet.  My lap times started out lower than with the Hoosiers (VERY
well-used Hoosiers, though) and then dropped off by a second or two after the
first weekend or so, but they've been stable ever since.  Very nice tire.  I
thought they handled very much like the Hoosiers -- predictable and
communicative; grippy but willing to slither around a little.

They started out shaved to 4/32 -- they're not down to the wear bars yet, but
the only tread left is the circumferential grooves :-)

Scott