fot

RE: Mallory failure alert

To: "'Joe Boruch'" <jaboruch@netzero.net>, henry@henryfrye.com
Subject: RE: Mallory failure alert
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 15:30:32 -0700
I had a Mallory grenade from a similar problem a few years ago--the tab
broke, the weights hit the case and the guts wrapped around the rotor. That
was the cause of my long misadventure with Lucas dizzy's, Pertronix
ignitors, and MSD ignition culminating in the LucasLauncher(tm) coming soon
to a medieval castle near you. Originally a sort of a Palintonon (torsional
catapult), but later reconfigured with surgical rubber tubing more like a
water balloon cannon. With it I can throw a Lucas Distributor at near escape
velocity. Now I'm back to a Mallory and points. I'll take a long look at the
insides and consider that inexpensive plate kit. Or make something myself.