fot

Re: Rear Trailing arm bushes IRS cars

To: BillB@bnj.com, jerryvv@alltel.net, fot@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Rear Trailing arm bushes IRS cars
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 21:26:17 EDT
In a message dated 10/5/05 6:57:22 AM Pacific Daylight Time, BillB@bnj.com
writes:

<< I would think poly mounts on a street car would be hideous. I guess people
 always think stiffer is better for the same reason they think bigger is
 better. >>

This is correct.  Years ago, the fad was to install solid steel engine
mounts.  I welded up a solid steel mount myself when I was out of the mounts
and a
race was the next day.  This was terrible.  Piles of vibrations coming through
the car, and I ended up with some small cracks in the frame.  The new mounts
came through the mail, and that steel mount came out and went into the trash
can.