fot

more on bushes

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: more on bushes
From: Guyots3@wmconnect.com
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 12:31:43 EDT
In a message dated 10/6/2005 6:10:38 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-fot-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 06:55:55 -0700
> From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
> Subject: RE: Rear Trailing arm bushes IRS cars
>
> I would think poly mounts on a street car would be hideous. I guess people
> always think stiffer is better for the same reason they think bigger is
> better. A certain Freudian sense of longing perhaps? In a race car we're
> looking for precision and don't mind replacing bits that wear out in a year.
>

>From what Bill says above, is this yet another translation problem?

You say Poly bush, which to me means the original 'soft' squeezable
polyurethane bush, whereas I know that there are some hard (Black?) versions
out there,
almost as hard as the old nylon 'nylatron' bushes that used to be around and
I agree that these would be hideous on a road car.

Rgds

Leon