fot

RE: TR4 IRS

To: "FOT \(E-mail\)" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4 IRS
From: "Randall" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 12:14:20 -0700
> Hi I have sold a TR4 IRS race car and the new owner need a title.  Can
> anyone help out?  Thanks  Joe

There are numerous commercial "services" that can generate a legal title from a
bill of sale.
http://www.broadwaytitle.com/about.htm

Typically they're in states like Alabama that didn't title cars until relatively
recently, so older cars aren't expected to have a title.

Another alternative is to tell your DMV that the car was assembled from parts
(very likely true for a racecar) and have them generate a title.  Generally this
means they will assign a new VIN number, which may or may not be a problem.

Yet another way is to simply tell your DMV that the title has been lost and the
car has not been registered for a very long time.  I know California will handle
that (if you get a cooperative DMV clerk, which is the hard part).  Most likely
other states will, too.  They'll run a records search, but if your car doesn't
come up, you get a new title.  Of course there's a chance the records search
will show it stolen ...

Randall