fot

Bush North race at LRP

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Bush North race at LRP
From: "Joe Boruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 03:25:23 GMT
A few FOTers raced at Lime Rock a couple weeks ago with the SCCA's Historic
Racing Group (HRG) in a support race for the Bush North series.  This was in
front of a crowd of local NASCAR fans.  I was there with my TR3, Rob Dardano
ran his TR6 and Joe Genovese his Spitfire.  29 cars took the green flag ranging
from 3 liter Porsche 911's, big block Vettes and Mustangs on down to the
Spitfire in the under 1.3 liter class.
I qualified 6th overall and 1st in class.  The front row had the 3L Porsche and
a GT2 Datsun 240-280Z.  Row 2 had another 911 and a big Vette.  I was on the
outside of the 3rd row with another big Vette next to me.  At the start the
leaders stayed up front with the vette next to me taking off and a Camaro from
a couple rows back came flying by.  I was able to out brake the one vette and
camaro  going into turn one,  taking  5th place, right with the lead pack.  I
was able to run with the lead pack for the first 5 or so laps, until we started
lapping traffic.  My car is much more of a momentum car compared to the bigger
cars that can power their way around the traffic.  Late in the race the Camaro
finally got going and got by me on the main straight, only to spin later that
lap at the base of the up hill.  I kept my 5th overall and 1st in class
position to the finsh.  All during the weekend the track anouncer was referring
to my car as "the amazingly fast Triumph TR3".  Wow, that was cool.  I set  a
new class (HRG3) record with a 1:02.9.  I have been as fast as 1:01.7 there in
EP with slicks.
Rob finished 3rd in HRG3 and Joe Genovese 1st in HRG1.  Congratulations!
My next race will be Oct 22nd at LRP where I will be trying for the SCCA's
North Atlantic Road Racing Championship (NARRC) in EP.  I am 3rd in the points
going into this double points race, behind a 240Z and an Acura Integra.  It
should be fun.  Hopefully all this rain deluging the east coast will be long
gone by then.  Speaking of rain, much of the track at New Hampshire
International Speedway (NHIS) is under water.  What a mess.  Joe(B)